[MinnowBoard] HDMI

TejaVM
Hi all,

I want  to know when MinnowMax firmware start to boot, where in source firmware recognize  HDMI and  where can I find which information interchange firmware with HDMI and which functions are use.

Best regards
Anteja

Re: [MinnowBoard] [edk2] HDMI

Wei, David

What function would you want to implement?

Display (including HDMI display interface) are initialized by Intel GOP (Graphic OutPut Protocol) driver. It locates at Vlv2MiscBinariesPkg\GOP\7.2.1011\RELEASE_VS2008x86\X64\IntelGopDriver.efi.

EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL protocol, which is produced by this driver, provides functions to manipulate display. Please search in MinnowBoard Max source code to get samples on how to uses this protocol.

typedef struct _EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL    EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL;

struct _EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL {

  EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL_QUERY_MODE  QueryMode;

  EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL_SET_MODE    SetMode;

  EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL_BLT         Blt;

  EFI_GRAPHICS_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL_MODE        *Mode;

};

extern EFI_GUID gEfiGraphicsOutputProtocolGuid;

Thanks,

David | SSG BIOS

I want  to know when MinnowMax firmware start to boot, where in source firmware recognize  HDMI and  where can I find which information interchange firmware with HDMI and which functions are use.

Best regards

Anteja

Re: [MinnowBoard] [edk2] HDMI

TejaVM
Hi David,

We create the board and on this board we don't have a HDMI port like on a MinnowMax board we have a Display port.  For now we use a passive Display port  HDMI adapter because when we plug in monitor on display port, it not work.

Are Intel GOP driver initialize Display Port or initialize only HDMI ? I'm  searching where was HDMI initialize because I want initialize Display port to.

Best  Regards,
Anteja

Re: [MinnowBoard] [edk2] HDMI

Wei, David
The display interface could be switched by VBT(Video BIOS Table), which could be configured by Intel BMP tool.
Could you send us your schematic? So that we can help you to change VBT(Video BIOS Table).

Re: [MinnowBoard] [edk2] HDMI

TejaVM
Where can I find VBT?  Yes, I can and I send you on email.

Re: [MinnowBoard] [edk2] HDMI

TejaVM
Hi David,

Thank you very much for information, I download Intel BMP tool and fix a problem, display port works.

Best regards,
Anteja