[MinnowBoard] Keyboard emulation

Mat0382

Hi,

I'm currenlty looking for using the minnowboard as a keyboard through USB (I'm thinking about HID interface).

In fact, I would like to generate keyboard data on the minnowboard and send these data to another PC through USB.

It  looks like impossible to do this through the USB port of the minnowboard, but is it possible to do it through the FTDI port ?

Does anyone experiment such a thing ?

Thanks by advance

Best regards

Mathieu

COTEROT Mathieu
R&D Engineer

ATH Medical
350 rue Arthur Brunet
59220 Denain
France
+33 (0)3 27 34 30 73

Re: [MinnowBoard] Keyboard emulation

Jesus Velazquez
Bonjour Mathieu,

mmm. I think this is possible, but you need have a program in the 2nd PC side to listen and interact that you sent from Minnowboard, at the final, is a serial communication.

Au revoir

El 22/09/2017 5:16 a.m., "Mathieu COTEROT" <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi,

I'm currenlty looking for using the minnowboard as a keyboard through USB (I'm thinking about HID interface).

In fact, I would like to generate keyboard data on the minnowboard and send these data to another PC through USB.

It  looks like impossible to do this through the USB port of the minnowboard, but is it possible to do it through the FTDI port ?

Does anyone experiment such a thing ?

Thanks by advance

Best regards

Mathieu

COTEROT Mathieu
R&D Engineer

ATH Medical
350 rue Arthur Brunet
59220 Denain
France
+33 (0)3 27 34 30 73

Re: [MinnowBoard] Keyboard emulation

Mat0382

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for you reply.

I already now about this solution but I would like to avoid it. I don't want to install any software on the 2nd PC to emulate keyboard. I would like to know if it's possible to establish a connexion similar to a keyboard connexion, from the 2n PC point of view.

Do you know if anybody already tried this ?
Clearly, I'm thinking about QR Code reader.  I want to read code with Minnowboard and then send this code to a 2nd PC as a keyboard entry. Standard 2D barcode reader are able to do that. But I would like to do it with the minnowboard.

Thanks by advance for your reply.

Best regards

Mathieu

--
COTEROT Mathieu
R&D Engineer

ATH Medical
350 rue Arthur Brunet
59220 Denain
France
+33 (0)3 27 34 30 73
Le 22/09/2017 à 17:20, Jesus Velazquez a écrit :
[...]

Hi Jesus, all

Yes, we finally used this kind of serial port, directly connected to the minnowboard  (instead of FTDI wire) :

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00OPTOKI0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So by this way, we are able to create serial communication or keyboard emulation by using the kind of wire that Jesus mention in its previous mail :

http://allinbest.com/serial-to-usb-keyboard-protocol-rs232-convert-plug-and-play-rs232-go-to-hid-device/

Thanks for all,

Best regards

Mathieu