[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard Turbot Wiki

Benjamin Hansmann
I recently purchased a Minnowboard Turbot. I wonder what happened to
wiki.minnowboard.org, it's returning 502 Bad Gateway since weeks. I
also noticed that some tutorials where removed from the main website. I
was also disappointed to find out that all the Lures don't seem to be
available for sale anymore.

Does anyone maybe have an offline copy of the former Wiki or other
hints?

Thanks,
Benjamin

Re: [MinnowBoard] Minnowboard Turbot Wiki

ReMarkable

The wiki.minnowboard.org was retired and all pertinent content was moved to the new main website. At least, that was my intention. The error message now shown could certainly be improved, and I will get that taken care of.

What tutorials are you noticing missing? We will certainly consider moving and updating old ones if there is a need or request.

And the pages now on github that look like a wiki are the feedback and background information for the current minnowboard.org website, not the legacy wiki.

As to the lures no longer being in production – that is a sad fact of supply and demand – suppliers only build and warehouse what there is a demand for. Fortunately, most of the lures are open-source, so can easily be re-created by you or manufactured again

|\/|ark.

Mark van der Pol

Firmware Engineer,

Open Hardware Team,

Open Source Technology Center

Intel

[hidden email]

The MinnowBoard.org Foundation: a US-based non-profit providing education and promotion of the design and use of open-source software and hardware in embedded computing on Intel® Architecture.

Markx.van.der.pol@intel.com

On Thu, 2018-06-21 at 18:27 +0000, Van Der Pol, MarkX wrote:
> The wiki.minnowboard.org was retired and all pertinent content was
> moved to the new main website. At least, that was my intention. The
> error message now shown could certainly be improved, and I will get
> that taken care of.

Ok, good to know.

> What tutorials are you noticing missing? We will certainly consider
> moving and updating old ones if there is a need or request.

I found references to tutorials which weren't available, e.g.:

https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/connecting-device-sensor-lse
https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/minnowboard-servo-control
https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/best-practice-linux-usb-thumb-drive-i
nitialization

Maybe they are not relevant, I just didn't want to miss out on any
information.

> And the pages now on github that look like a wiki are the feedback
> and background information for the current minnowboard.org website,
> not the legacy wiki.
>
> As to the lures no longer being in production – that is a sad fact of
> supply and demand – suppliers only build and warehouse what there is
> a demand for. Fortunately, most of the lures are open-source, so can
> easily be re-created by you or manufactured again

That's right.

Another note:

I followed https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/installing-yocto-poky, but
used Yocto version 2.5 instead (also for the meta-intel layer). The
Ethernet interface didn't work, so I needed to recompile the Kernel and
use the IGB driver instead of E1000.

Benjamin

> > \/|ark.
>
> Mark van der Pol
> Firmware Engineer,
> Open Hardware Team,
> Open Source Technology Center
> Intel
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> The MinnowBoard.org Foundation: a US-based non-profit providing
> education and promotion of the design and use of open-source software
> and hardware in embedded computing on Intel® Architecture.

dkryder
take a look at
https://minnowboard.org/tutorials
2 of the tutorials you mention are linked from that page as well as
several others.
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 2:05 AM Benjamin Hansmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2018-06-21 at 18:27 +0000, Van Der Pol, MarkX wrote:
> > The wiki.minnowboard.org was retired and all pertinent content was
> > moved to the new main website. At least, that was my intention. The
> > error message now shown could certainly be improved, and I will get
> > that taken care of.
>
> Ok, good to know.
>
> > What tutorials are you noticing missing? We will certainly consider
> > moving and updating old ones if there is a need or request.
>
> I found references to tutorials which weren't available, e.g.:
>
> https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/connecting-device-sensor-lse
> https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/minnowboard-servo-control
> https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/best-practice-linux-usb-thumb-drive-i
> nitialization
>
> Maybe they are not relevant, I just didn't want to miss out on any
> information.
>
> > And the pages now on github that look like a wiki are the feedback
> > and background information for the current minnowboard.org website,
> > not the legacy wiki.
> >
> > As to the lures no longer being in production – that is a sad fact of
> > supply and demand – suppliers only build and warehouse what there is
> > a demand for. Fortunately, most of the lures are open-source, so can
> > easily be re-created by you or manufactured again
>
> That's right.
>

> Another note:
>
> I followed https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/installing-yocto-poky, but
> used Yocto version 2.5 instead (also for the meta-intel layer). The
> Ethernet interface didn't work, so I needed to recompile the Kernel and
> use the IGB driver instead of E1000.
>
> Benjamin
>

> > > \/|ark.
> >
> > Mark van der Pol
> > Firmware Engineer,
> > Open Hardware Team,
> > Open Source Technology Center
> > Intel
> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> >
> > The MinnowBoard.org Foundation: a US-based non-profit providing
> > education and promotion of the design and use of open-source software
> > and hardware in embedded computing on Intel® Architecture.

Lee, Keerock
For those who are wondering about the next revision of Minnowboard, It's in progress and additional detail information will be posted to https://minnowboard.org when time comes.

Thank you,
Keerock