[MinnowBoard] Passmark Memtest86

Ottaway, Brian R

Hello MinnowBoard list.

Just a quick headsup here: A few people have reported that running the popular Memtest86 diagnostic by Passmark on a MinnowBoard Turbot produces errors. We have replicated the issue as well on a NUC and Intel’s Bayley Bay CRB. When passmark mode is Parallel, Memtest86 shows errors, but when the passmark mode is single core, no errors surface.

All data thus far points to an issue with Passmark software. We will be reaching out to Passmark this week. If anybody has friends there, let us know.

Just wanted to get a note out there.

Have a good day,

Brian

Re: [MinnowBoard] Passmark Memtest86

Lee, Keerock

Hello,

Intel internal team is also looking into this issue and working with Passmark to clearly root cause this issue. There is no hardware issue found and we will further continue to address this.

Thank you,

Keerock

Re: [MinnowBoard] Passmark Memtest86

Lee, Keerock

Hello all,

We have tracked down the issue and found that memtest86 tool is using a function call with rare but legitimate NULL value which causes memory test failure.

Currently we are working to update BIOS firmware with fix to prevent this memory test function call failure from memtest86 tool.

Again this is protocol interface issue between memtest86 and our FW driver, there is no hardware issue found with memory on Minnowboard.

Thank you,

Keerock