[MinnowBoard] TurboT Quad Core problems with Jetway ADMPEIDLB 2 port mPCIe NIC (via SilverJaw)

[MinnowBoard] TurboT Quad Core problems with Jetway ADMPEIDLB 2 port mPCIe NIC (via SilverJaw)

Peter Vinsel
I just got a new quad core TurboT with a SilverJaw lure so I could install a dual 10/100/1000 EN mPCIe board. I've also got a mSATA SSD drive & I installed Ubuntu 16.06 Linux on it. The only problem is that the 2 EN ports are not coming up in Linux. I was able to try to mPCIe board in different CPU and it works fine.

I've done a little troubleshooting and the dmesg log shows that Linux is getting a bunch of errors attempting to initial the card. It looks like there a PCI memory mapping problem with lots of BAR errors. I've attached a file with the lspci output as well as the dmesg output.

Has anyone else tried using the quad core minnowboard with the Jetway ADMPEIDLB using the SilverJaw successfully?

Peter Vinsel

TurboT-Quadcore_lspci.txt (2K) Download Attachment
TurboT-Quadcore_dmesg.txt (79K) Download Attachment

Re: [MinnowBoard] TurboT Quad Core problems with Jetway ADMPEIDLB 2 port mPCIe NIC (via SilverJaw)

Wei, David

You could boot to UEFI BIOS’s shell and use “lspci” to check if these devices have been identified by UEFI BIOS.

Thanks,

David  Wei

Re: [MinnowBoard] TurboT Quad Core problems with Jetway ADMPEIDLB 2 port mPCIe NIC (via SilverJaw)

Peter Vinsel
I tried the most recent igb driver from Intel (version 5.3.5.7) and it comes up with the same failed result (in dmesg):
igb: probe of 0000:04:00.0 failed with error -5
igb: probe of 0000:04:00.1 failed with error -5
I'd be interested in the dmesg log if anyone has a working mPCIe NIC.

Peter

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 6:32 PM, Peter Vinsel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I did that and lspci (both from the UEFI shell and the Linux shell) does indeed identify the NIC. The NIC is identified but the dmesg log indicates that it can't allocate memory entries. It also seems to show errors tried to allocate memory for the PCIe bridge 4 that the NIC is on. I don't know if that's coincidental or not.

Peter

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Wei, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

You could boot to UEFI BIOS’s shell and use “lspci” to check if these devices have been identified by UEFI BIOS.

Thanks,

David  Wei

Re: [MinnowBoard] TurboT Quad Core problems with Jetway ADMPEIDLB 2 port mPCIe NIC (via SilverJaw)

Peter Vinsel
Just a follow-up...

The problem I was having was related to pci_bus automatic reallocation during startup. I don't know exactly what triggered this or why it failed but I was able to set "pci=realloc=off" in the grub CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT parameter and now the Jetway ADMPEIDLB dual Ethernet NIC is working fine.

Peter