[MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

[MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

Rick Thomas

What watch battery does it need?  I’d like very much to have it remember the time and date after a power-cycle.

Thanks!
Rick

Re: [MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

dkryder
i use BR1225  3V
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 4:17 AM Rick Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What watch battery does it need?  I’d like very much to have it remember
the time and date after a power-cycle.

> Thanks!
> Rick

Re: [MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

ReMarkable
It is listed on the minnowboard.org website, in the compare boards page. Not sure where else that sort of detail could be placed where it would be found if  looked for...

CR 1225 3v is the correct voltage and size type, chemistry is not that critical.

|\/|ark.

Mark van der Pol
Firmware Engineer,
Open Hardware Team,
Open Source Technology Center
Intel
[hidden email]

The MinnowBoard.org Foundation: a US-based non-profit providing education and promotion of the design and use of open-source software and hardware in embedded computing on Intel® Architecture.

Markx.van.der.pol@intel.com

The MinnowBoard.org Foundation: a US-based non-profit providing education and promotion of the design and use of open-source software and hardware in embedded computing on Intel® Architecture.

Re: [MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

Rick Thomas
Thanks for the pointer!

Just a suggestion, but putting that info in the “getting started” tutorial might help a newbie like me.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Rick

On May 3, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Van Der Pol, MarkX <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is listed on the minnowboard.org website, in the compare boards page. Not sure where else that sort of detail could be placed where it would be found if  looked for...
>
> CR 1225 3v is the correct voltage and size type, chemistry is not that critical.

Re: [MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

Rick Thomas
Guess what!  It already *is* on the “getting started” page.  I apologize for the noise!  /-:

Enjoy!
Rick

> On May 3, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Rick Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the pointer!
>
> Just a suggestion, but putting that info in the “getting started” tutorial might help a newbie like me.
>
> Just my $0.02 worth.
>
> Rick
>

> On May 3, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Van Der Pol, MarkX <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It is listed on the minnowboard.org website, in the compare boards page. Not sure where else that sort of detail could be placed where it would be found if  looked for...
>>
>> CR 1225 3v is the correct voltage and size type, chemistry is not that critical.

Re: [MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

Jesus Velazquez

Guess what!  It already *is* on the “getting started” page.  I apologize for the noise!  /-:

Enjoy!
Rick

> On May 3, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Rick Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the pointer!
>
> Just a suggestion, but putting that info in the “getting started” tutorial might help a newbie like me.
>
> Just my $0.02 worth.
>
> Rick
>

> On May 3, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Van Der Pol, MarkX <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It is listed on the minnowboard.org website, in the compare boards page. Not sure where else that sort of detail could be placed where it would be found if  looked for...
>>
>> CR 1225 3v is the correct voltage and size type, chemistry is not that critical.

Re: [MinnowBoard] What watch battery does the Minnowboard Turbot use?

Rick Thomas

Thanks for the link!  My local hardware store doesn’t carry this type of battery, so the pointer to an online vendor is very helpful.

Rick