Re: [MinnowBoard] Minnowboard hang during power-on with 0.94 firmware

Re: [MinnowBoard] Minnowboard hang during power-on with 0.94 firmware

klausix
Hi!

I had the same problem with my Minnow-Board with firmware 0.94.
When powering it up, in ~9 of 10 cases the 4 green LEDs were lit, on the serial console "Running from SPI Flash" and "Memory Available" was shown, but that was all. Reset Button didn't work.
It booted after every ~10th power on cycle.

Since it seemed to be a hardware-problem to me at first I ordered a second one.
But his showed exactly the same bahaviour.

As the next step i flashed both to the UEFI 1.0 firmware.
This worked easy with a 4GB USB stick (a 32GB stick was not detected by UEFI).
Interesting was that the time to flash the boards seemed to be different.

The board which took longer to flash works proper now - it boots every time I connect it to the 5V.
The other one still hangs with only the 4 LEDs lit.
Maybe a reflash could make it work as well - but I didnt test this until now.

Hope this helps!

Gtx,
klausix!

Am Mittwoch, 6. November 2013 04:17:02 UTC+1 schrieb elmer.a.amaya:

Hi Peter,

The upcoming release (within two weeks) is v0.95 and it will not contain the workaround.  A subsequent version with the workaround is the one you would need and I don’t have a timeline for its release yet.  Once I have a hard date, I will notify you.

Thanks,

Elmer

RE: [MinnowBoard] Minnowboard hang during power-on with 0.94 firmware

Peter Wieland

Yes – I had the same experience.  I should have circled back to the list to say that.

-p